Monday, June 16, 2014

Sunday Notes on Monday




It's been a heck of a week.  For that matter it's been a heck of year so far.  But this week a project we have been working on for awhile has reached its climax.  We see the light at the end of the tunnel.  I hope the pace in my office slows just a little bit.  Not too much because I like to stay busy but just enough to free up evenings a little.

I had planned to see the movie The Fault in Our Star the weekend it opened but there was no time so I went to see it this past weekend.  All I can say is bring the entire box of tissues.  I mean it!  Because I had read the book I started crying at the beginning of the movie. Well not really crying crying just a tear or two.  But the movie stayed pretty true to the book so I was spent by the time it was over.  They did a great job including the casting of the movie. If you haven't seen it, go! Also when I read the Sunday Washington Post I found an article directly related to the book The Fault in Our Stars about the girl who inspired the book.  I have included the link below.

So by now if you have been reading my blog  you know that every Sunday I play this little game with myself. On Sunday one of the first sections that I read of the Washington Post is the Outlook section. It contains the book section. I go to the last page and read the Washington Bestseller list. This week the bestseller list focused on paperbacks but it alternates between paperbacks and hardcover.  My score was 5 out of 10.  I have been doing well when it is paperbacks not so good with hard back. Gone Girl and The Orphan Train are on the list.  If you have not already read these books consider putting them on your list.  They are good summer reads and they are out in paperback.

Just a quick note on my Saturday Post about The Astronauts Wives Club, this summer they will have a show on the subject.  You can find it on ABC July 24th.  If it is as interesting as the book it should be worth watching.

Since I see the light at the end of the tunnel and think I will have more time to read I am putting two books on my reading list this week; The Wishing Thread and You Should Have Known.  I will keep you posted

Have a great week! 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/my-sister-esther-inspired-the-fault-in-our-stars-the-movie-is-her-sequel/2014/06/12/504c2ca4-efef-11e3-914c-1fbd0614e2d4_story.html


      

No comments:

Post a Comment