Thursday, June 26, 2014

Four Friends




I needed a book that was very light reading.  I mean light.  That means a book that took a very small portion of my brain to process.  So I picked this book.  It filled the bill since I was sitting in a hospital waiting room waiting for my husband to come out of surgery.  We got there at 6 and I didn't leave until after 6 so I got a whole lot of reading done. 

He is doing well.

Back to the book.  It is all about the importance of having great woman friends and I can say I have that given the texts I received while sitting in the aforementioned waiting room.  Those places are crazy.  The television was blasting Let's Make a Deal.  Talk about crazy people that show has them all.  And the room was packed.  Who knew everyone would pick that day to have surgery.  I looked at the surgery board.  It was pretty full. So the book was a good diversion.

Anyway here is a quick overview of the book.  Four friends who met because they live on the same block.  They power walk together, two of them have sons who are like best friends.  All of them have this one thing in common, not much luck with husbands.  So they support each other.  If you need something quick and easy to read with a little romance and a lot of friendship, give this a try.

By the way, after I finished this book, I started The Target by David Baldacci.  I will give you a full report when I finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment