Tuesday, June 24, 2014

I am Sorry




I am sorry.  Remember when those words use to mean something.  No they are so over used it is becoming ridiculous.  They are becoming celebrities and politicians favorite words.  And the sad thing is they think by saying those three words everything is all better.  It is like when you were a little kid and hurt your finger and your Mom would kiss it and say all better.  Saying I am sorry has become like that.  "I am sorry"  All better. I don't know about you but when a politician or celebrity says they are sorry these days, I just think to myself yeah right.
I was reading the Outlook section of the Washington Post and I found this review on a book Sorry About That, The Language of Public Apology. I have added this book to my reading list and I have included the link below so that you might read the review.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment