Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The Final Cut



I have read Catherine Coulter before. You can check out my posts on some  her books I have read.  With this book she has taken on a writing partner.  I guess I understand why.  When you write as many books as she has it is hard to come up with story lines and to flesh out the novel.  Maybe adding a writing partner helps.  I don't know.  What I do know is I like the novels where Dillon and Savitch are the main characters but in this book they are there but play more of a back seat to the main character in this case Nick. 

So right away the tone is different.  Don't get me wrong the book is good it is just not the same.  Maybe it is the same only different if you know what I mean. An inspector Elaine from New Scotland Yard turns up dead after being pulled out of the East River in New York City. She was assigned to protect the crown jewels that are to be shown at The Met.  Her ex partner and ex romantic interest flies over the pond to help the FBI discover why she was shot and to clear her name.  Seems that someone replaced one of the jewels in the crown with a really believable fake.  All evidence points to Elaine and the Russian mob as the criminals.  Nick must help clear Elaine's name and find out what really happened.  It's a fun read.

No comments:

Post a Comment