Monday, February 10, 2014

Sunday Notes on Monday




I took a week off from reading and writing on my blog.  I needed a little down time and my computer died so it gave me a good excuse.  We had a mac book lying around but I am so not into mac's.  It actually was strange not coming home and turning on my computer and doing my thing for an hour or so.  I also noticed that by not reading before bed I did not sleep as well.  I guess reading helps me unwind more than I thought.

So if you have been reading my blog by now you know that every Sunday I play this little game with myself. On Sunday the first section that I read of the Washington Post is the Outlook section, it contains the book section. I go to the last page and read the Washington Bestseller list. This week the bestseller list focused on Paperbacks but it alternates between paperbacks and hardcover. You can check my scoring system on the May 6th post.

I exceeded my goal this week by having read five books on the list.  I  am uninspired by the remaining books on the list and really didn't add anything to my personal must read list.  I actually strayed from books that have been on the bestseller list by reading The Story of a Beautiful Girl.  It is a beautiful book.  Check out my post on Wednesday. 

During the holidays I went to see the movie American Hustle if you haven't seen it consider putting it on your list even if you watch it on demand or pay per view.  Anyway one of the many trailers before the actual movie started was Monument Men.  There is a lot of buzz about the movie and I am not sure if it is because the cast is amazing; George Clooney, Matt Damon, John Goodman and Bill Murray or because of the subject matter.  For me the story is as interesting as the cast.  It takes place during World War II and is about a group of people who risked their lives to save great pieces of art that Hitler planned to keep or destroy.  I plan to start that book this week.  Meanwhile I am finishing up the book The Final Cut, a Catherine Coulter novel about the theft of a major piece of jewelry.   Enjoy your week.  Happy Reading

   

No comments:

Post a Comment