Monday, February 24, 2014

Sunday Notes on Monday


epa04064496 Snow masses pile up on the rooftops of the village of Bedretto, Switzerland, 09 February 2014. According to weather reports, on the southern side of the country is still twice as much snow as usual. EPA/KARL MATHIS

If you have been reading my blog by now you know that every Sunday I play this little game with myself. On Sunday the first section that I read of the Washington Post is the Outlook section, it contains the book section. I go to the last page and read the Washington Bestseller list. This week the bestseller list focused on paperbacks but it alternates between paperbacks and hardcover. You can check my scoring system on the May 6th post.  I didn't meet my goal again, just read two of the ten on the fiction bestseller but I am giving myself a bonus point because I read The Monument Men on the non-fiction list. Actually I wasn't really very enthusiastic about the list this week so I am not too disappointed about my score.

As I mentioned last week, I had Cell on my reading list for this week and I did start it.  It seems to be pretty interesting but I got a little side tracked.  I went to visit my parents and it is a three hour drive.  I hate wasted time so I popped a CD into the CD player and listened to the book The Songs of Willow Frost. Yes I still have a CD player in my car and yes I like discs. I was glad I chose that book because it definitely kept my interest and made my drive fly by.

I had taken the book the Cell with me as well but when I go to my parent's one of the things they like to do is have me go with them to the Library.  They like when I pick out books for them.  On the return shelf was The Chase by Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg.  This is the second book in the Fox and O'Hare series get it fox and Hare?  Ha.  It is also the second collaboration Evanovich has done with Goldberg.  All I can say is it is so much fun to read.  I found myself laughing out loud and I rarely do that.  If you really want to get properly introduced to the characters than read the first in the series entitled The Heist.   You don't really have to they are both stand alone books.  So I will be blogging on these two books this week.  Look for one mid week and one on the weekend.  Have a great week and happy reading!

     

Click on the books above to take you to the amazon.com site if you care to order them or once your there just take a look around.

No comments:

Post a Comment