Monday, February 17, 2014

Sunday Notes on Monday



Here in the Mid Atlantic it snowed AGAIN.  We had about foot or more of snow. As my husband and I were digging ourselves out the most miraculous thing happened. We heard the roar of a motor.  It was our neighbor with his snow blower on his way to our house to help us out.  We were so thankful for his help and count our blessings that we live in a neighbor hood with really great people.  A heart felt thank you to all.

I like winter.  I like snow. I just don't like to drive in it or shovel it.  I guess I can't have my cake and eat it too. Lucky for me the State of Maryland declared a state of emergency and asked everyone to stay off the roads.  What a blessing.  My office decided to close and all the wonderful road warriors I work with and those I don't but are my good friends got a pass to stay home.  It was so lovely.  I finished up the book The Monument Men which I found an incredibly interesting read.  In case you missed my other post from this week, I finished the Catherine Coulter Novel The Final Cut. One of the things I like best about her novels is the multiple story lines that converge.  She does that so well.  Just a teaser the central story line is the theft of the Koh-i-Nor Diamond the centerpiece of the British Crown Jewels.  I will say no more.  

This week in search of inspiration I went to the New York Times Bestseller list.  The number one book is The Goldfinch which I have downloaded to my Kindle but have not read yet (must get cracking) Another book on the list is Still Life with Bread Crumbs by Anna Qunidlen.  I have read books by her and enjoyed them so I have added this one to my list.  I have also added The Invention of Wings by the author Sue Monk Kidd who wrote The Secret Life of Bees.  That was a good book.

In my queue for this week is The Cell by Robin Cook.  It has been a long time since I have picked up one of his novels.  Have a great read.  Hope you pick up a good book to read.


     

No comments:

Post a Comment