Saturday, November 30, 2013

Cross Roads




I picked up this book on a fly by.  You know you are in the library and you go past the new fiction section and a book pops out at you.  That’s what I mean by a fly by.  I buzzed the book shelf and there was Cross Road.  The title appealed to me and I checked it out.  Once I started reading the book, I realized this book was much more religiously oriented than my usual read.  I decided to continue reading anyway.

Essentially the book is about Tony Spencer a man who is heinous. Maybe heinous is too harsh a word never the less he is a pretty horrible individual. He is awful to everyone he knows and I mean everyone.

One day he collapses and ends up in a coma in the hospital.  He ends up taking what I will call a spiritual journey.  He does this in what I think is a very humorous aspect of the book, by inhabiting other people’s bodies.  Don’t get me wrong he does not take the body over he just sits inside their heads and talks to them.

He is caught in the in-between life where he meets certain individuals who help him make peace with his life.  It is a most intriguing journey.  This author wrote The Shack which many of you may have already read.  If you have read that book than you are familiar with where the author is going with his writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment