Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Dark Witch




Nora Roberts is at it again.  The Dark Witch is the first book in her new trilogy.  Usually I wait until the book has been out for awhile that way I can just continue reading the whole set.  But there the book was and I just couldn’t resist picking it up and reading it. I think this is like her twelfth series and since I have read the other eleven, I figured I might as well keep up my momentum.


The book starts in the year 1263 and obviously deals with magic which is a recurring theme in her book series. There are always good and bad witches and this book has both.

Iona feels like she has been drifting most of her life not really feeling that she belongs.  She knows she has a gift but has not developed her talent yet.  She decides to give up everything and move to Ireland to be with her cousins Branna and Conner who are witches as well.  All three are descendants of Sorcha the Dark Witch.  A very bad witch Cabhan wants Sorcha knowing that if they combine powers they will be indestructible.  Does the word Voldemort or he who must not be named come to mind? Sorcha wants nothing of this union and sacrifices herself to protect her children. 

She thought she had taken him down but just as he who must not be named keeps coming back so does Cabhan.  Her three descendants must finish the job. Along they way of course they find love.

If you like Nora Roberts you will probably like this new trilogy.  Personally I am getting a little tired of her writing formula but who am I to judge.  After all she is number one on the Washington Post paperback bestseller list this week.  And after all didn't I pick it up to read? 

No comments:

Post a Comment