Friday, November 29, 2013

What to Do with leftovers from Thanksgving dinner


thanksgiving sandwich finished product


I don’t know why everyone makes such a big fuss about leftovers from thanksgiving dinner.  I welcome them and here is why.  Turkey freezes really well meaning if I have leftovers I don’t eat them for days and days I freeze them in family size or lunch size portions.  Then several weeks down the road when I am working late and don’t feel like cooking, I whip out a portion from the freezer and make a vegetable and there is dinner on my table.

The stuffing makes a great filling for boneless chicken which I pre-prep and then freeze in manageable portions and cook whenever.  I do admit I love a good turkey sandwich with all the leftovers crammed between two slices of bread.  Below is a link on how to prepare a yummy leftover turkey sandwich in case you are interested


http://www.delish.com/entertaining-ideas/holidays/thanksgiving/ultimate-leftover-thanksgiving-turkey-sandwich#slide-1

No comments:

Post a Comment