Monday, November 18, 2013

Sunday Notes on Monday



So if you have been reading my blog by now you know that  every Sunday I play this little game with myself. On Sunday the first section that I read of the Washington Post is the Outlook section, it contains the book section. I go to the last page and read the Washington Bestseller list. This week the bestseller list focused on paperbacks but it alternates between paperbacks and hardcover. You can check my scoring system on the May 6th post.

First of all the paperback list this week seems kind of dull. In other words not exactly my cup of tea when I am looking for books to read.  That being said, I read the number one and two books.  Sitting in the number one spot is Nora Roberts' Dark Witch.  I won't say too much about this book since I will be talking about it in my Post on Wednesday.  The other is Ender's Game and if you are not aware, the movie has been released.  I do hope to see it.  Maybe Thanksgiving week, seeing a movie is always a good thing to do when you are tired of shopping.

This past week I read The Dinner.  In case you haven't read it yet check out my post from Saturday November 16.  To say I enjoyed this book would not be quite right.  I liked the book.  I found the book to be well written.  I am still thinking of the book's contents so obviously I found the book worth reading.  I did find the story to be disturbing.  All families have some secrets, it is just that this family has some more disturbing secrets than others.  Take a look at my post and think about reading the book.

This week I am reading the book The Crossroads.  It is from the author who wrote The Shack.  I will let you know what I think. 

Right now I have so many books on my plate I am not sure which one I will tackle next.  You will just have to check my blog.  Have a great week.  And as always if you want to know more information on any of the books mentioned in my blog just click on the book.

      


No comments:

Post a Comment