Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Sunday Notes on Monday



So if you have been reading my blog by now you know that  every Sunday I play this little game with myself. On Sunday the first section that I read of the Washington Post is the Outlook section, it contains the book section. I go to the last page and read the Washington Bestseller list. This week the bestseller list focused on Hardcovers but it alternates between paperbacks and hardcover. You can check my scoring system on the May 6th post. 

Once again I have read no books on the list this week.  But I have read a few good ones which I will be talking about in my blog in the coming days.  The first one is Cross Roads which is an unusual book choice for me because the subject matter has very heavy religious undertones.  I really though it would be too much for me but I couldn't put it down.  It is by the author who wrote The Shack.  If you read that and you liked you will probably like this one. 

I also read The Husband's Secret.  I don't know why I am reading books that contain people's secrets but that just seems to be my theme lately. I also read a book that qualifies for my holiday reading quest entitled Starry Night.  For all you fast readers you can have this read in a couple hours.  Not much meat and potatoes in this one but it is a holiday romance and I am a sucker for those. So check them out this week and next.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment