Monday, December 2, 2013

Sunday notes on Monday




So if you have been reading my blog by now you know that  every Sunday I play this little game with myself. On Sunday the first section that I read of the Washington Post is the Outlook section, it contains the book section. I go to the last page and read the Washington Bestseller list. This week the bestseller list focused on Hardcovers but it alternates between paperbacks and hardcover. You can check my scoring system on the May 6th post. 

Wow what a crazy weekend.  Did a little black Friday shopping.  Hope I got a few good deals.  Amazon had some great deals on ebooks.  Picked up a couple of those and I will keep you posted. Looked at the list of paperback bestsellers and I met my goal.   I have read three of the books starting with the book sitting in the number one spot, Dark Witch by Nora Roberts.  It is not surprising that this book is sitting in the number one slot.  Nora Roberts has a huge fan base.  I usually am one of those fans but lately I find her books a little boring and a lot predictable. This book is part of a trilogy and I think I probably could tell you the outline for the other two.  I would never be so presumptuous to say I could write them because after all I am not her.  Ordinarily I would be looking forward to reading the others but I think that this time I will take a pass.

This week stay tuned to my posts on The Husband's Secret and Starry Night. Starry night is one of the books in my holiday quest.  So stay tuned and have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment