Monday, December 9, 2013

Sunday Notes on Monday



So if you have been reading my blog by now you know that  every Sunday I play this little game with myself. On Sunday the first section that I read of the Washington Post is the Outlook section, it contains the book section. I go to the last page and read the Washington Bestseller list. This week the bestseller list focused on Hard covers but it alternates between paperbacks and hardcover. You can check my scoring system on the May 6th post. 

As is usual with the hard cover list, I have not read any of the books on the list.  It is pretty typical since I usually do not buy hard cover books so I generally have more success with paperbacks.  The books that I am in the midst of reading are Orange is the New Black a non fiction book about a women who goes to prison for running drugs.  It's an easy read and I will get back to you when I finish.  My holiday reading choice this week is Candlelight Christmas.  In case any of you have read any of Susan Wiggs Lakeshore Chronicles, this is one in that series. Also on my list is the Nicholas Sparks book, The Longest Ride.  I am a sucker when it comes to Nicholas Sparks and my all time favorite of his is The Notebook.  I sat and read that book in a few hours.  Putting it down with out finishing it was not an option.

Going to go curl up on the sofa, watch the snow fall and read my book.  Have a great week everyone.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment