Wednesday, December 25, 2013

The Longest Ride




I have read several Nicholas Sparks books.  In fact I keep coming back to his books.  Why?  He rights human emotion so well.  If you read The Notebook you know what I mean. Once I started reading I couldn't put the book down and of course I cried at the end.
The longest ride in this book is a metaphor for one journey in life.  Ira is a man who is in the later stages of his life.  His wife died and he is on his own.  He set out in his car one wintery night and end up in a ditch after miscalculating a curve.  He is badly hurt, pinned behind the steering wheel unable to move.  He is hurt, he is cold and he wonders whether this will be the end for him.  His wife Ruth appears next to him and they start to "talk"  about their life together.
Meanwhile the author switches to a young couple at the beginning of their relationship.
If you like Nicholas Sparks books you will like this one.

Happy Holidays.  A Happy and Healthy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment