Monday, December 16, 2013

Sunday Notes





So if you have been reading my blog by now you know that  every Sunday I play this little game with myself. On Sunday the first section that I read of the Washington Post is the Outlook section, it contains the book section. I go to the last page and read the Washington Bestseller list. This week the bestseller list focused on paperbacks but it alternates between paperbacks and hardcover. You can check my scoring system on the May 6th post. 

I hit pay dirt this week having read five out of ten of the books on the list. I have read the top two, Dark Witch and Notorious Nineteen and the bottom three, The Christmas Wedding, Ender's Game and To Kill a Mockingbird. I always like when I go above 30%.

This week I will be blogging about the book Gourmet Rhapsody.  I found this book fascinating.  It is all about a food critic whose whole life is food.  Food is ecstasy beyond all else and he has shut everything else out of his life.  The author also wrote the Elegance of the Hedgehog and if you were to ask me which book I liked better it would have to be Elegance of the Hedgehog.  The characters in this book set in France were written so well.  I am also finishing up The Longest Ride so take a look at that when I post it.  As always have a great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment