Monday, February 23, 2015

Man can not live on Bread Alone. Wrong!!!!


Image result for bakery goods



Who ever came up with the saying "Man cannot live on Bread alone"  got it wrong or maybe the person got it right.  Maybe men cannot live on bread alone but I can tell you as a woman, I sure can! I remember as a kid going into the bakery store to buy the most delicious fresh rolls. Just walking into the bakery and catching the smell of fresh bread baking was enough to make my mouth water and my stomach growl.  At the time  grocery stores had baked goods but it really wasn't up to the standards of the bakery.  But then the Grocery stores decided to take on these wonderful bakeries and practically made them extinct.  

Now it seems that the bakery is back and I am so happy.  I am not sure exactly when they started their resurgence and I don't care.  This past week, The Washington Post had a great article about some of the bakeries that are popping up.  They even have a little quiz that steers you toward the bakery that fits your personality.  The outcome of the quiz for me was a new bakery that opened in Van Ness called Bread Furst.  I certainly plan to try it as soon as possible. Here is the link to the quiz Which Bakery fits my personality.

So if you are planning on making a trip to the district you may want to try some of these bakeries and when I try Bread Furst I will report back to you.


Here is the list of bakeries  ON the Rise  and here is the link to the article Area Bakeries are making us feel like a kid again.

No comments:

Post a Comment