Sunday, February 15, 2015

Boyhood



Every now and then I write about a movie I have seen.  Yesterday I watched the movie Boyhood.  The movie was shot over twelve years and  watching it I felt like I was reading a book.  It is a fascinating concept.  Usually when you watch a movie the plot develops very quickly even if it covers many years.  In this movie the director actually developed the characters over a long period of time and you can almost see  this family's life unfolding chapter by chapter. You get to watch the characters age and experience different periods of their lives. 
I don't want to give too much of the story away so I will keep this brief and hope that I whet your curiosity enough for you to watch the film. It is about a single mother raising two children.  Mason the youngest is six when we first meet him and Samantha is eight. They live in Texas while their Dad is in Alaska.  He will eventually return to Texas and the children's lives.  We get to watch this family as they go through their average life and deal with situations that I am sure many of you have experienced. You can feel their emotions.
I won't say more because I don't want to give anything away.  Watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment