Friday, February 27, 2015

Grilled Cheese and Snow days. Some things never change




It's  a tradition.  When it snows lunch is grilled cheese sandwiches.  Some serve it with tomato soup, Campbell's of course.  I prefer just the sandwich.  However, this past Saturday when it was snowing hard, I decided to add Cheetos and a glass of red wine.  I think it added a nice touch don't you think.  I mean the sandwich is great by itself but adding wine and Cheetos, call me mellow yellow.  I made the sandwich totally healthy.  I used Trader Joe's soft multigrain rustico bread key word here, multigrain.  The cheese was white cheddar.  And wine is made from grapes so I had my fruit serving, maybe.

Who knows when this tradition of grilled cheese on snow days started all I can say is that my Mom served them to my brother and I and I served it to my child.  Hopefully she too will pass on the tradition. 

Even though my sandwich leans more toward the traditional, I found some variations if you want to experiment and add variety. Here is the link The Grilled Cheese Sandwich, PerfectionIt might snow again soon  so start warming up the frying pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment