Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Gaga and a Few of my Favorite Things

Image result for julie andrews sound of music
When we lived in Europe we would often drive to Piding, Germany.  There was a lovely gasthaus Pension Einzinger that we stayed at.  The beds were dreamy with eiderdown comforters that you sank into and which enveloped you like a warm cocoon while we slept.  It was so quiet in that little town and after being in the never quiet Frankfurt it was a pleasure. 
 
We didn't just stay here for the lovely hospitality of the hostess.  It just so happens that it was twenty clicks (that's kilometers) from Salzburg Austria and both myself and my husband absolutely loved it there.  I can't decide if I loved it because it was a magical place or if it was magical because the movie The Sound of Music was filmed there and around the city.  Honestly it really doesn't matter.  I love both the movie and the city.

Usually I do not watch the Oscars.  It is not one of my favorite shows but I decided I would Tivo it and I was so very glad because towards the very end Lady Gaga gave an amazing performance.  I like a lot of her music but everything she has sung did not compare to her performance of the songs from The Sound of Music.  She has an awesome voice and she is a great performer. As a pop singer she never gets the opportunity to show her singing range.  I am glad she was able to do that on Sunday.  When Julie Andrews came out it just brought tears to my eyes. She had the most incredible voice and I keep wondering if she had not had throat problems that silenced that amazing singing voice, would it have been her on stage singing those songs.  No matter Lady Gaga filled Julie Andrews very large shoes smashingly. It was lovely to see Julie Andrews again.

No comments:

Post a Comment