Friday, February 20, 2015

Baby its cold out there so pack in the Calories



I just discovered after reading this article what my weight loss problem is, I don’t live and work in a cold enough climate.  I need to find somewhere cold because according to what I just read the people traveling in this pack needed to eat 6000 calories just to maintain their weight. Food is heat and you need to keep your body well fueled.

Can you imagine eating that much?  I think 1500 calories is a lot.  On the down side eating that many calories is harder than you think.  You can't just eat a whole layer cake.  This article discusses treks by Will Steger crossing Antarctica on a bobsled and their diet just to stay alive.  They ate a lot of carbs and butter but really had to be mindful of their weight and its impact on their dogsleds and their health.  This is a very interesting article and here is the link. Keeping Your body Fueled

No comments:

Post a Comment