Monday, February 9, 2015

Today is National Read in the Bathtub Day




February is such a dreary month.  Perhaps that is why there are so many bizarre “holidays” or so I have read.  Of course there is Groundhog Day February 2nd.  Who can forget the movie starring Bill Murray and Andie MacDowell where he relieved Groundhog Day over and over again?  I liked the movie so much that I watched it over and over again. I mean it literally put Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania on the map and made Phil the Groundhog a celebrity.  His success rate allegedly is 39% and this year at 7:25 am he saw his shadow.  No surprise there since the US is having a pretty hard winter.

Another February “holiday” is on February 4th, Ice Cream for Breakfast day.  No offense but if I want ice cream for breakfast I do not need a holiday to give me permission.  I just eat it.

February 16th is Do a Grouch a Favor Day.  If anyone in my family would like to do a favor for me maybe I will consider being less of a grouch.  No promises.
But my favorite February holiday is Read in The Bathtub Day.  What a great and relaxing way to spend an hour or so. I personally celebrate that holiday at least once a month.  I fill up the soaking tub, have a chilled glass of wine, light a candle (only for the scent of course) and sit back and read. 


For those of you who love cherry pie, make sure you enjoy one on February 21.  Isn’t that George Washington’s Birthday and isn’t there some type of cherry pie story?  Whatever, have a piece for just the simple fact that you can. Oh and don’t forget the dollop of ice cream on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment