Saturday, April 4, 2015

The Escape




 I was looking for something that would help me clear my mind.  Well maybe not clear it, just distract it so I went to my go to guy David Baldacci. I can always count on him for some good story telling.  I picked up The Escape which has been out for awhile. This is the third John Puller novel which just happens to be my very favorite series written by Baldacci.  There is something about the character John Puller that I like.  I don’t know why, call me crazy. John works for CID.  He is a military man just like his father and his brother.  Honor and integrity is the code he lives by.


If you read the first two books you know that John has an older brother.  We don't know too much about him except the fact that he was convicted of treason against the US and is now serving life in prison.  The prison is no Camp Cupcake, this is a MAXIMUM Security prison from which no one escapes until one rainy night.  There is a massive storm.  The electric goes out and quite amazingly the back up generator dies. Pandemonium ensues but order is quickly restored.  When it is all over there is an unknown dead man who is not Robert Puller.  Robert Puller has left the building. 

How did he manage this? Did he have help from the outside?  Why now?  Was he really guilty?  Was he set up?  If he was set up by whom? John Puller off the record sets up to find his brother Bobby.  He still can't believe that Bobby is a traitor but this has caused him to have serious doubts.  He must find out what is going on and I loved going on the ride to find out.

To read more about the book click the link  The Escape

No comments:

Post a Comment