Saturday, April 11, 2015

The Day I Ate Whatever I Wanted




I didn't realize when I picked this book up at my friends suggestion, that this was a book of short stories.  I am starting to like reading short stories although they are not my first choice.  Generally I find that I like some and the others, not so much, which is exactly how I felt about this compilation.

The first story was by far my favorite and I am sure if you have ever been on a diet where you had to lose multiple pounds you will definitely relate to this story.  As you have heard me say before, food is not my friend.  I have had a love-hate relationship with it ALL MY LIFE.  I take a deep breath and gain five pounds. 
If you have ever been on a diet where you have to show up and weigh in then you know how it feels when you have had  a good week  and a bad week .  Sometimes you say diet be damned and go out and eat whatever the heck you want.  My husband and I are frequently on a diet and if we are really good which has not been recently, but when we are, we give ourselves a cheat day.  That is a day where we don't care what we eat. The next day we are back on task. It makes us feel less deprived.  Maybe?

The author describes dieting and more specifically cheating and getting caught by the scale lady to a tee.  I found myself laughing out loud because her description was pretty close to the truth. Admit it folks we have all been there.

The other stories were ok after all the stories are written by Elizabeth Berg and I like her.  In fact, I am reading one of her novels now. If you want more information click here The Day I ate Whatever I Wanted

No comments:

Post a Comment