Friday, March 20, 2015

The Hills are alive with the sound of Music

Image result for sound of music
I LOVE The Sound of Music and I love Julie Andrews.  Lady Gaga sang a medley of songs from this musical on the Oscars show.  While she was very good, after all we are talking about a pop diva, she was not Julie Andrews. Julie Andrews is in a class of her own.  The only two female artists that come close to her caliber are Celine Dion and Barbra Streisand at least in my opinion.

I have talked about Salzburg many times in my blog but honestly it is a magical city.  I never took a Sound of Music tour but I wandered the streets and got caught up in its beauty.  I know my Mom's family is from Austria although not from Salzburg so I guess my affinity towards the city is because my family was from there.

Wednesday night I watched the Diane Sawyer/Julie Andrews Special The Untold Story of The Sound of Music.  Did I mention I love the movie and Julie Andrews.  It was a fun show.  I also found this Link Sound of Music  I thought you may enjoy about The Sound of Music Guide to Salzburg.  I hope I get to see Salzburg one more time.  Not really to visit the sites from the movie but just to enjoy the city.  If you are considering making a trip to Europe consider a day or two in Salzburg. The 50th anniversary DVD of the movie is out.  If interested check out this link The Sound of Music

No comments:

Post a Comment