Monday, March 2, 2015

Good Bye Mr. Spock. Rest in Peace

Image result for vulcan salute

I am a big Star trek fan.  I wouldn't go as far as to say that I am a trekkie but I did love watching the shows and the movies.  Whether they were friends in real life or not the chemistry between Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock on screen was great.  I wanted to be on the enterprise and in fact back in the day when NASA was awe inspiring I contacted them. I  got a great letter back saying that if I was interested in working there, then they would be happy to talk with me.  I didn't pursue it mostly because I was interested in flying but was plagued by horrible motion sickness but I wish I had thought about another path there, being in IT.  I sometimes wonder what if I had applied to NASA and worked in IT there.  I guess I will never know will I.

Anyway  last week we lost a great advocate of space and the final frontier.  Leonard Nemoy passed away.  He will be missed.  Here is a good article I thought you might like to read. A Tribute to Leonard Nemoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment