Monday, May 19, 2014

Sunday Notes on Monday



So by now if you have been reading my blog  you know that every Sunday I play this little game with myself. On Sunday one of the first sections that I read of the Washington Post is the Outlook section. It contains the book section. I go to the last page and read the Washington Bestseller list. This week the bestseller list focused on paperbacks but it alternates between paperbacks and hardcover. You can check my scoring system on the May 6, 2013 post. Oh joy!  I have read half the books on the list with Inferno by Dan Brown and Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn sitting in the one and two position respectively.

This week in addition to looking at the Washington Post bestseller list, I glanced at the New York Times.  I was happy to see that on the bestseller paperback list I had read half of the listed books on that list as well.  Gone Girl was number one on this list and The Longest Ride was number two.  All of these were good books and ones that I have blogged about.

Last week I mentioned that I would be compiling a list of some of the favorite books I have read lately and post suggestions for summer reading.  I went back to look at my list and there are a lot of books that I have read that I have really enjoyed.  So in the next week I will be posting my favorites by category or at least I will try to post by category. I am a Gemini sometimes doing things in an orderly way drives me crazy so we will se how it goes.

I also have renewed my quest to find good books for summer reading.  As much as I like my little game and scoring big by reading what is on the bestseller list I plan to look for books that are not necessarily on the bestseller list.  Yes I will sacrifice my score to boldly go into the world of books that are good but less well known.  I will start this week with the book The Apartment.  I have just started it so I can't say to much about it.

So have a great week and happy reading



 

No comments:

Post a Comment