Monday, May 5, 2014

Sunday Notes on Monday



If you have been reading my blog by now you know that every Sunday I play this little game with myself. On Sunday one of the first sections that I read of the Washington Post is the Outlook section. It contains the book section. I go to the last page and read the Washington Bestseller list. This week the bestseller list focused on paperbacks but it alternates between paperbacks and hardcover. You can check my scoring system on the May 6, 2013 post.

I had a great week as far as my little game.  That is because it was paperback week and I tend to read paperbacks more frequently than hard backs.  So my total score was six out of ten of the fiction books and I give myself a bonus point because I read the number one non-fiction book as well.   Of note is the number one book on the paperback bestseller list Gone Girl which I enjoyed and blogged about on December 11, 2012.  The movie is coming out soon and if you are like me, you might want to read the book and then go see the movie.  Hollywood always makes "creative changes".  That is why they say the movie is based on a book rather than is the book.  Once I read the book I like to see what the creative changes are and whether it has added or subtracted from the original story line.

Sad to say as much as I tried to read, the hours I worked took a toll on me.  I got into bed with every intention of reading and woke up the next morning with the book on the floor.  So I have put The Fault in Our Stars back on my list and added Faith Bass Darling's Last Garage Sale.  I couldn't resist the title and I am hoping for a little humor. One book I want to mention again is The Prince of Risk which was a perfect combination of finance and terrorism. Check it out.  See my post from April 16th.  Have a great week and happy reading.

 Click on the titles below for more info on the books.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment