Monday, March 31, 2014

Sunday Notes on Monday



If you have been reading my blog by now you know that every Sunday I play this little game with myself. On Sunday the first section that I read of the Washington Post is the Outlook section, it contains the book section. I go to the last page and read the Washington Bestseller list. This week the bestseller list focused on Hardcovers but it alternates between paperbacks and hardcover. You can check my scoring system on the May 6th, 2013 post. 

No surprise I did not meet my goal this week.  I usually don't when it comes to the Hard Cover List.  But I did read one book on the fiction list and one on the non-fiction list both very good.  The fiction book is the Invention of Wings written by the same author who wrote The Secret Life of Bees.  The non-fiction book was Lean In.  I have really changed my way of thinking since I have read the book Lean In.  I make a bigger effort to "sit at the table". 

I have read two great books which I will blog about this week.  Still Life With Bread Crumbs which I chose to read for two reasons. The first is because I have read her book Black and Blue and thought it was a good book and the second was because the title fascinated me. You all know how I love a good book title.

The second book was King's Deception.  This a Steve Berry Novel and I really loved his other book The Jefferson Key.  I love how he winds his story around historical events.  The story is fast paced with his character Cotton Malone going after the bad guys yet again.  It is worth picking up and reading.

Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment