Tuesday, March 11, 2014

A Year after Lean In


I read Sheryl Sandberg's book Lean In and found it truly inspiring.  It definitely made me look at things differently in all aspects of my life, in a good way.  Almost two years ago I started working on an all male team, that is until I came onboard.  At first it was very hard but I think I am making some progress.  I kept a couple of things in mind.  I am a smart woman and I can do my job.  It got me through the tough times.

I have provided a link below.  It is to an article that was in the Sunday March 9th Washington Post. I found it in the outlook section which I read every Sunday to see what is cooking on the bestseller list.  It is a really interesting article on creating Lean In Circles.  It is an interesting read and if you haven't read the book yet, consider adding it to your must read list.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/a-year-after-lean-in-these-are-sheryl-sandbergs-truest-believers/2014/03/07/407b0e8e-9dac-11e3-a050-dc3322a94fa7_story.html

No comments:

Post a Comment