Monday, March 10, 2014

Sunday Notes on Monday


Snow is quickly becoming a four letter word here in the Mid Atlantic.  Once again the region woke up Monday morning to snow falling at a very rapid pace.  Luckily for me, my company did not open which I am very thankful for on so many levels.  The first being that the majority of our staff are out on the roads all day seeing patients.  On the best of days this can be grueling but in the snow it is just overwhelmingly difficult. It is almost like fighting to stay alive.  On a more personal note, I am relieved I do not have to drive and I have the opportunity to sit back watch the snow and of course read. Also waking up this Sunday the sun was shining and the temperature was a balmy 46 degrees.  Perfect temperature for me.  I am not a big fan of summer heat.

If you have been reading my blog by now you know that every Sunday I play this little game with myself. On Sunday the first section that I read of the Washington Post is the Outlook section, it contains the book section. I go to the last page and read the Washington Bestseller list. This week the bestseller list focused on paper backs but it alternates between paperbacks and hardcover. You can check my scoring system on the May 6th post. 

This week I hit the jackpot having read five out of the ten novels on the fiction list and a bonus point for The Monument Men the number one non-fiction paperback this week. Sitting in the Number one spot is The Hit by David Baldacci.  He is one of my favorites.  In case you haven't read him some of his books that I have read are Zero Day and The Forgotten. 

I just finished the book sitting in the number ten slot Until the End of Time.  I needed something light and as I mentioned before this is very very light.  Look for my post on Wednesday.  This week I will also blog about a book that will fit nicely into my foodie quest.  It is a who done it mystery and the book contains recipes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment