Monday, June 24, 2013

Sunday Notes on Monday. What's Good to read?

 
 
 
Sunday Notes on Monday


So if you have been reading my blog by now you know that I every Sunday I play this little game with myself. On Sunday the first section that I read of the Washington Post is the Outlook section, it contains the book section. I go to the last page and read the Washington Bestseller list. This week the bestseller list focused on Hardbacks but it alternates between paperbacks and hardcover. You can check my scoring system on the May 6th post.

I usually do not do well on the Sundays that are focused on Hard cover books because as a rule I either read the kindle version of a book or a paperback copy.  So it is not surprising that I have only read one book on the list this week and that is Dan Brown's book Inferno.  Please check later in the week to read my post.  I should give myself double credit for this read since this week it is number one on the list and that is after being on the bestseller list for only five weeks.  It is a fast paced thriller and it is really good.  Perfect for a vacation read so if you are flying somewhere or planning on sitting on a beach include this on your reading list.  Even if you are planning nothing of the sort put it on your list.  The book on my reading list this week is The Hit by David Baldacci.  I have read both the John Puller novels The Forgotten and Zero Day which I really enjoyed so check out my previous posts on those.  I am also adding Bad Monkey to my list since I have read Carl Hiaasen before and liked his books.  Check out my post entitled Skinny Dip.  To round out my list from the bestseller list I have also added Zero Hour by Clive Cussler.  I read others of his and enjoyed them as well. Based on my choices it looks like I am in my thriller, mystery fiction mode.

So it looks like I have a lot to read this week and in the weeks to come and of course I will keep you informed.  Enjoy my posts this week!  And if you want any of the books mentioned and plan to order them from amazon just click on one of the books below which will take you to amazon and order what ever you wish to read or order.  Thanks!  Have a great week.

           

 


No comments:

Post a Comment