Thursday, June 27, 2013

Romance Novels Summer Fun Somethings begin but oh those Summer Nights




I actually read romance novels because (1) every so often I like to read books with happy endings (2) they are fun (3) they are relaxing and require very little thinking.  And let’s face it everyone can use a de-stressor in their life.  So when I find that work and life is getting to be a little too much I pour a glass of wine, find a quiet corner and read my romance novel.  One author I have recently discovered that fits the bill is Mary Kay Andrews.  I like her writing, there is a little humor and a decent story.   I really enjoyed Deep Dish which pits two TV chefs against each other in the hopes that they become the next Rachel Ray of Bobby Flay.  She has just release a new book which I have added to my list, Ladies Night.
 
Recently my book club was asked to preview a new book by Barbara Delinsky and we had great discussion about it.  It has just been release this month so you all might want to put it onto your list of reads.  It is Sweet Salt Air and it covers a large variety of topics like dealing with MS from the perspective of the person suffering from the disease, to the family members trying to cope.  There is also lots of romance.
 
I also like reading Sandra Brown who often combines mystery with romance.  Here are some of my picks below. Just click on any of the books. I hope you enjoy them.
 
 
       

No comments:

Post a Comment