Monday, June 3, 2013

Sunday Notes on Monday What's Good to Read?




Sunday Notes on Monday

So by now you know my little Sunday Game but if you don't know my rules and scoring please read my other Sunday Notes on Monday Postings. In a nut shell, Every Sunday the first section that I read of the Washington Post is the Outlook section, it contains the book section. I go to the last page and read the Washington Bestseller list. This week the bestseller list focused on paperbacks but it alternates between paperbacks and hardcover.  I score myself on the number of books I have read that appear on the list.

Recently I have not been doing quite as well as I would like but this week I did reach my goal of 3 out of ten on the top paperbacks having read The Great Gatsby, Beautiful Ruins and The Best of Me which I will be blogging about in the coming days.  While I reached my goal, I still feel unsatisfied since two of the three have appeared on this list in prior weeks.  What I find worse, is that of the remaining seven books, none are appealing enough for me to add to my must read list. Not that I don't have a large number of books on that list already, it is just that I like to constantly add to the list so that I am never with out something to read.

I took a look at the New York Times bestseller lists and I think I will use it at least for now as a source of reading suggestions. I will get back to you.

I have reviewed some of my past reads and if you have not read them yet I do recommend them especially if you are planning to be on vacation and want some good reads.  I just read this great book which will appear in my Blog on June 5th.  It is the House Girl.  The rest of my suggestions are from prior blog postings so please go back and check them out if you haven't done so already.  You can click on any book below to get to Amazon.com and simply download them to your kindle or order the book. And if you plan to order anything from amazon please consider going through my website.  Just click on one of the books and then you can order anything you like by searching the website.  Thanks and hope you enjoy some of my picks.  Have a great week.


     


No comments:

Post a Comment