Monday, June 10, 2013

Sunday Notes on Monday. What's Good to Read?




So if you have been reading my blog by now you know that I every Sunday I play this little game with myself. On Sunday the first section that I read of the Washington Post is the Outlook section, it contains the book section. I go to the last page and read the Washington Bestseller list. This week the bestseller list focused on Hardbacks but it alternates between paperbacks and hardcover. You can check my scoring system on the May 6th post.

Sadly this week I did not do well.  In fact, I didn’t read one single book on the list.  Zero points for Susan. The truth is I usually wait to read a book when it comes out in paperback. However, I am adding Inferno by Dan Brown to the top of my list and will be reading it in the next week or so.   

I have been concentrating on other things to read.  In fact, I have a few good books that I will be blogging about in the coming days. For all of you non-fiction lovers, I just read Grand Central: How a Train Station Transformed America which I enjoyed.  It is an amazing train station with lots of history that was almost torn down had it not been for Jackie Kennedy stepping in and saving this New York Landmark. If you are unfamiliar with the Grand Central Terminal it is this beautiful building located on 42nd street and Park Ave.  Many of you probably will recognize it because it has been the backdrop in many movies.  It was built in 1871 which if you do the math, it is 142 years old. It is one of the busiest train stations in the world and 200,000 NY commuters travel through it every day. Yes every day! It is a work of Art. My post on this book will be on June 12th. 

If you are a Jeffrey Archer fan than I suggest Only Time Will Tell, the first book in the Clifton Chronicles.  Watch for my blog on this book this week as well. 

Right now I am reading Secret Daughter which I will be blogging about so stay tuned.

Check out some of the books below, they all make great summer reads.





            

No comments:

Post a Comment