Monday, June 17, 2013

Sunday Notes on Monday What is Good to Read

 
 
 
So if you have been reading my blog by now you know that I every Sunday I play this little game with myself. On Sunday the first section that I read of the Washington Post is the Outlook section, it contains the book section. I go to the last page and read the Washington Bestseller list. This week the bestseller list focused on Paperbacks but it alternates between paperbacks and hardcover. You can check my scoring system on the May 6th post.

Once again I only scored a two out of ten points having read The Great Gatsby and Beautiful Ruins.  The interesting thing about this weeks top ten paper back list is that most of them are fairly new to the list.  In other words this list has almost completely turned over in a short time.  I can honestly say that I really have no desire to add any of the remaining eight onto my must read list.  I am not saying the other eight are not good, how can I, I haven't read them but they the one sentence description does nothing to entice me.  Perhaps if I had week at the beach I might feel differently but I have a very heavy work schedule and I have to must reads on the top of my list.

I am reading Dan Brown's new bestseller Inferno which I will be blogging about in the next week and The Hit by David Balducci.  I have just finished the book Secret Daughter which I will be sharing with you as well. Another book that I am in the middle of is Trader of Secrets which I am really liking. If you liked my blog on Skinny Dip or you have read and enjoyed Carl Hiaasen, he has a new book Bad Monkey also on my list.

Here are books I would like to share with you.  Some I have finished, some are on  my list.  Click on any of the books to find them on Amazon.com.  Have a great week.

         

No comments:

Post a Comment