Saturday, June 15, 2013

Only Time will Tell




A Jeffrey Archer Novel.  I haven't read one in ages and it was good to crack this one open.  I really like how he develops his characters.  They are all so British. I mean that in a good way.

Only Time Will Tell is book one in the Clifton Chronicles and it starts out with Harry Clifton in 1920 with World War I having just come to an end.  Harry is told that his father was killed in the War but we know better.  He is dead but you have to read the book to find out just how he died.  Harry and his Mom live with her family in Bristol and they just get by.  His Mom is adamant that he gets an education and luckily all sorts of opportunities open for him as he wins a scholarship to a great grammar school and the story takes off from there. And of course you will want to read book two and three of the Clifton Chronicles.  I know I plan on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment