Friday, June 7, 2013

Let Them Eat Cake



There's a new Club over the pond in London.  It is known as the Clandestine Cake club and chapters are popping up throughout the UK.  First of all I don't know why the club has a name like Clandestine Cake Club.  If I was part of a cake club I certainly wouldn't care who knew about it. I wouldn't make some covert effort to hide what I was doing nor does it seem like the woman in the photo appear to be doing.  After all, this picture of some club members appears in the Washington Post! 

And there is one rule:  the location of the meeting is top secret until right before the event.  AHA, that is why the name is Clandestine.  People slip into a Pub supposedly to throw down a pint and end up whipping out a freshly baked cake.  Locations of meetings can be in all sorts of places.  And with all the various clubs there are a total of 9,000 participants.  That is a lot of cake eaters.  A sad note for me is that no cupcakes or pies are allowed.  It must be a cake.  I guess that means that there are two rules to the clubs. Alas I would have to sacrifice my cupcakes and I do I love my cupcakes! Oh one other thing, you must bake it.  Guess that is rule number three.  If these rules continue it will be like listening to the guys on NCIS spouting out Gibb's rules.


The question is will this new club jump the pond and start state side. Or does a cake club already exist but it is more even clandestine then its British counterpart.  Either way, what can be bad about a group of people getting together and eating cake?




http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/london-baking-enthusiasts-go-underground/2013/06/03/18372e32-ca1a-11e2-9f1a-1a7cdee20287_story.html

No comments:

Post a Comment