Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Still Life




I am a big fan of Louise Penny and I love the books she writes in the Three Pines Series.  The characters are quirky and well defined. Still Life is the first book in the Three Pines series and it was great. It is a great murder mystery set in a rural village near Montreal.

Even though I have read many of her books I had never read this one. While you really don't have to read the Three Pines series in order, if you have not read any of this series, start with this one.  It is a great introduction to all her wonderful and terribly flawed characters.  I don't even want to discuss any of them with you. In fact, I don't even want to discuss the book except to say You are introduced to Chief Inspector Gamache the character who shows up in so many of her novels and there is a murder. 



Check out the book Still Life.  It is a good bedtime read. While you are at it you may also want to read A Fatal Grace.







No comments:

Post a Comment