Monday, April 27, 2020

Exercising in the time of COVID




I am very surprised that I am working out more during this COVID pandemic than before.  I think the reason is because if I sit at my desk at home for too long I feel like I am going nuts so I get up and do steps. Also I just recently started wearing a Fit bit and since I am a competitive person by nature, I am constantly trying to up my game. 

For example, I have my Fit bit set to remind me to do a minimum of 250 steps between the hours of 7 to 3.  But now I feel compelled to get up early and do 1,000 steps before 7 am.  It makes me feel so much more awake.  Then during the day I try to do more than 250 steps per hour.  It is really hard when I am in meetings so if I can't do the steps in one hour I try to catch up in the next.

It's funny, I really thought I would hate having a watch that told me what to do so I resisted wearing it.  But now I can't live without it.  The first thing I do in the morning is put it on. I don't go anywhere without it and I make sure it is always charged.

  
But to add a little levity in today's times, I stumbled on this work out video that is a riot.  The instructor starts out saying that she wears a head band because she hasn't washed her hair in 11 days and the headband if worn tight enough acts like a face lift. Click on the link working out below and enjoy.  Maybe if you have all her equipment you can work out with her.

A new perspective on  Working out during the Covid Epidemic.

1 comment:

  1. Susan,
    I finally watched this video and I love it. It's hilarious. Love your whole blog and will do better at keeping up.

    ReplyDelete