Sunday, April 26, 2020

Baking in the Time of COVID - Easy Banana cake





Ordinarily, I do not bake.  Not because I don't like to but because I can do without the calories. Desperate times call for desperate measures.   Today I happened to notice that on my kitchen counter there were several really ripe bananas.  Rather than waste them I decided to make Easy Banana Cake .(click on the link for the recipe).  I decided instead of my Saturday night cocktail I would have a small piece of cake.

I chose this recipe because it starts with a cake mix.  I love when a recipe incorporates a cake mix.  A cake made out of the box can be pretty boring but if you add some fresh ingredients from your pantry or fridge it really makes the flavors pop.  I also always have cake mixes in the pantry since I use to make so many cupcakes when my daughter was growing up. Old habits of picking up a cake mix when I am at the grocery store are hard to break.  

This cake was so easy to make and so delicious to eat.  I did however, make a few changes to the frosting.  Instead of folding the whipped topping with the pudding, I poked some holes into the cake and poured the pudding on the cake. That allowed the pudding to sink into the cake. I also used vanilla pudding.  Then when I served the cake I put a dollop of whipped topping on it.  The cake is moist and the pudding makes it creamy.  The banana flavor works well with the White Cake Mix.  Whether you serve this to your guests or your family, I don't think anyone will be disappointed.

Since this technically is a Blog focusing on books, if you are interested in a collection of recipes that use a cake mix, click on the Cake Doctor below to learn more about the book.  I own it, I love it.

Let me know if you like the cake.









                                                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment