Monday, November 17, 2014

Sunday Notes On Monday



It has been a long time since I have played my little game using the Washington Post top ten bestseller list.  This morning while enjoying my morning coffee I decided to take a peek.

For those of you who don't about my game here is how it goes. On Sunday one of the first sections of the Washington Post that I read is the Outlook section. It contains the book section. I go to the last page and read the Washington Bestseller list. I count how many books I have read and give myself a point for each. This week the bestseller list focused on paperbacks but it alternates between paperbacks and hardcover. The top ten books are spotlighted in each category, fiction and non-fiction. The rules of my game are to have read 30% of the books on the fiction list, ten are listed. So I get one point per book  and I get a bonus point if I read any of the non-fiction. I guess it is just my way of checking to see if I am in touch with what other people are reading.


This week I read three out of the 10 books. Gone Girl was number one on the list and if you haven't read the book by now you may want to consider picking it up.  I also read Orphan Train which was one of the books chosen by my book club during the summer.  If you haven't read it yet consider adding it to your reading list as well. 

I have started the book A Sudden Light.  The book is written by the author who wrote
The Art of Racing in the Rain.  If you have not read this book I highly recommend that you do especially if you have ever owned a dog.  It is a must read.  For more info on any of these books check out my blog posts or click on the books.  


 
 
 
 


       

No comments:

Post a Comment