Saturday, January 30, 2021

If Snow May Fall


 They are predicting a big one.  They meaning the meteorologists and big one translated means snowfall. Do I believe it?  I am deciding to go with yes so I have my Kindle locked and loaded.

One of the good things that has come from living with COVD, if you want to call it good, is that we are now use to being confined indoors.  Very little will change once the snow starts and after it is on the ground.  I usually work from home and my company never closes.  It is after all health care.

But like thousands of people, I woke up this morning and made my COVID grocery run.  Mask on, I entered the Giant and joined the many others who were stocking up as usual and those who were stocking up due to snow in the forecast. Since COVID started I do one big shopping as infrequently as possible.  I have been swamped at work so today was my only option.

I started early , but by the time I had been there for ten minutes the store was getting very crowded and social distancing was becoming very difficult.  Usually when I grocery shop,  I take the opportunity to get a lot of my steps in but, my fit bit told me I was behind so I decided to speed up my shopping and get out of the store.

Usually when a "snow storm" is expected I stock up on lots of goodies, including potato chips, ice cream and baking ingredients to make chocolate chip cookies.  

The baking of chocolate chip cookies is a leftover tradition from my college days.  When heavy snow was in the forecast, one of  my roommates or I would stop off to pick up the ingredients after class.  There is nothing like the smell and taste of chocolate chip cookies during a snowfall. 

 Back in the day I could eat several chocolate chip cookies because the college campus I attended was huge and to make it to class with 10 minutes between each class you practically jogged.  I  also had a loaded backpack. so my cardio and weights workout was covered. Let's just say 10,000 steps was an easy goal.

This grocery run my grocery basket contained no potato chips or ice cream.  Believe me I struggled to just walk away and  leave them on the shelf.  I bought healthy foods like salad fixings and chicken wings.  I am so boring. 

Once my grocery needs were met, I focused on my reading needs and loaded up my kindle.  Here are some of the books I downloaded.  









My back up plan if I can't read anymore is to  Knit my sweater or do a puzzle. 

So if Snow may fall, I am ready. Happy Snow Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment