Monday, January 4, 2021

Cookie Season is Over


For me holiday cookie season begins the day after Halloween, pretty much when the Christmas music starts playing at the grocery store. I will not lie, when it comes to cookies I have absolutely no will power.  To make matters worse, a lot of my friends are great bakers.  Luckily I am not.

This year no one I know baked their usual batches nor did I. Did that stop me from gorging myself on cookies.  Absolutely not! The store bakeries and the Keebler Elves stepped up to the plate and filled in the gap.  That means our house was constantly filled with the smell of store baked goodies.  

On a normal year, I pace myself for a slow go but this year due to being stuck in the house almost 24/7 the pace picked up considerably.  When I had blood work done my results were absolutely scary. Damn COVID.  I blame this on you.

So this weekend I did a kitchen cleanse.  Any cookies and other crap got thrown out. Our kitchen is now a cookie free, junk free zone.  I feel like I accomplished something great.

While I did not make a New Year's resolution to not eat so many cookies, I think going forward I will definitely monitor my cookie intake. It is not realistic to think that I can stay away from cookies altogether but  I think I will set a quota of 4 or 5 cookies each week and adjust my daily calorie count to accommodate for it.  As I work the sugar out of my system perhaps I can go several days with no cookies at all.  Baby Steps.

Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment