Saturday, January 2, 2021

Goodbye - 2020

 


2020 was not a good year.  In fact, it probably will go down in my book of years as one of the worst. Sadly 2021 may not start out much better.  One of my family members has COVID, one of my colleagues has COVID and someone I have known for 20 years is in hospice.  I am grappling with what to do, what to say and how to deal with this whole situation.  I am sure I will eventually work it out.

Since it is the New Year and the expectation is to make New Year resolutions I really thought long and hard on what mine would be this year.

Instead of the two that are always on my list, go on a diet and do more exercise, I wanted to take a different approach. So here are my resolutions for 2021.

  • Eat less potato chips and junk food. I figure going on a diet has never worked so at the very least taking out these addictive and less healthy options can only be a good thing.

  • I need to just get up and move more.  Be more mindful of getting out of my chair.

  • Be more creative.  I work in IT.  That can make me a very boring person.  Sometimes I sit in front of my computer working and don't say a word for hours. So I want to be more creative.  I am not a crafter but I figure there are things I can do that will allow me to use a different side of my brain.  My Mom was a great knitter.  In her honor I am going to knit a sweater.  I found what looks like a relatively easy pattern so I am going to try it.  I thought if it came out ok, I might try it again with variations.  I don't want to get too ahead of myself so I will try the first one and see how it goes.
 
  • Each day I want to end my day by looking back and finding something up beat or satisfying from the day so I end it on a good note.

  • I will of course continue to read.  In fact, I have been reading many books that I have not shared with you.  But I will get you up to speed on my lists. I don't think I would ever sleep if I couldn't read before bed.


  • Lastly, I am going to count my blessings and try to stay upbeat. 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment