Saturday, January 31, 2015

Three Wishes



I don’t have a sister but I have friends who have sisters and I observe their interactions.  Some are so close they seem to know what the other is thinking.  Some hate each other.  It’s complicated.  So I found this book a really interesting read. 

Three Wishes is a book about triplets two of which are identical  twins and the third is fraternal.  So genetically speaking the fraternal twin seems to be a bit of an outsider. So Cat, Lyn and Gemma are triplets who fight like cats and dogs but still have this incredibly tight bond and are there for each other if needed. Their parents divorced when they were six which was very traumatic for them.

They are in their 33rd year and it is proving to be a not good, pretty bad year. One has a lying, cheating husband.  The other has fear of committing to someone but when you read her story you can understand why.  The third is trying to do it all, run her successful business, take care of a new baby and a step daughter and keep her marriage going or not. 

This is the second book that I have read by this author.  The first was The Husband's Secret.  I enjoyed that book as well.  The thing I like about this author's writing is her character development.  I feel like she leads the reader inside the characters' heads.  Both books are worth reading. One final note.  I find the title confusing so if you have any comments on why the author chose it, I would love to hear them.

After reading this book, I think I am glad I have a brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment