Monday, January 19, 2015

Sunday Notes On Monday


A funny thing happened to me this week.  I started two books and could not get through either of them. I am not saying they were bad, they just did not catch my interest enough for me to continue reading them. The two books were Diary of a Mad Diva by Joan Rivers and Yes Please by Amy Poehler.  I really admire both women a lot but I like Joan Rivers humor when she delivers the lines in person. Since she passed away recently that is no longer possible.  I guess reading her words is not the same. She is a comedian that will be missed.  As far as Amy Poehler's book, I think I will give it another try at a later date.  I guess I was just not in the mood.

So I picked up Winter Street by Elin Hilderbrand.  I have read one other book by her which I enjoyed entitled Summerland. You can read my post from April 14, 2013.  Both books are set in Nantucket and the characters are all locals as opposed to tourists or summer people.  I enjoy how she writes her characters.  I am almost done with the book so look for my post on Saturday.  Have a great week!



        

No comments:

Post a Comment