Saturday, January 10, 2015

The Lost Key



I have been doing a lot of driving lately.  It is mostly highway driving which is so boring. I also feel guilty for what I feel is wasting valuable time, all those hours in the car.  That is why I listen to books on CD.  I have talked about this in previous posts.  For me the biggest problem I have when I pick an audio book to listen to in the car is the subject matter.  If it is something I need to really focus on, I usually choose to read the book because after all I am trying to maintain control of my vehicle and I get very involved in the book.  So The Lost Key  was a perfect choice for me.  It kept my attention and I enjoyed the story.  I think that Catherine Coulter’s collaboration with J.T. Ellison is a good one.


This is an FBI thriller but instead of Dillon and Savich as the main characters you have Nicholas Drummond and Mikala Caine (Mike).   If you read The Final Cut  which is the (first book in this new FBI series ) we met Nicholas  when he becomes involved with the theft of the Koh-i-Noor Diamond the centerpiece of the British Crown Jewels which is being exhibited in New York City.  His american counterpart is Mike Caine.  In this novel Nicholas is now an FBI agent and his partner is of course Mike Caine.

Their first case is a stabbing on Wall Street. But this is not your ordinary stabbing by some gang member or disgruntled employee.  This stabbing has international implications and turns out to be part of part of a hunt for a sunken World War I U boat that contained gold and a lost key.  The stabbing victim, a seller of rare books and historian was Just his cover. And of course the man behind the killings and the race to find these items happens to a maniacal, power hungry guy that is Cra Cra.  This book is written with a sense of humor.  I like the characters and the story.  If you haven't read the first book read it and read this one as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment