Friday, December 26, 2014

Time Capsule found. How Cool!




Recently, I spent a couple of days in Philadelphia.  We stayed at the Wyndam Old City which was the most perfect location at least that is in my opinion.  Looking out our window I noticed an old cemetery which turned to out to be the old Christ Church cemetery.  Buried here was Benjamin Franklin.   Even though this cemetery is in the city of Philadelphia when you are there you feel like you are secluded from the modern hustle and bustle of the city. Sitting in that cemetery on a cold, wet, dreary day I could almost feel the spirits lying there. They seemed restless or maybe it was I who was restless. 

I came across this article right after I came back from Philadelphia.  Boston is another place where you can find  history dating back to the early colonial days. If we created a time capsule with an iphone, a tablet, a copy of the Washington Post or New York Times a piece of the space station, what would people think about these items in say one or two hundred years.  So I thought I would share the article with you.

To read the article follow this link Boston Time Capsule

No comments:

Post a Comment