Monday, December 22, 2014

Sunday Notes on Monday




It is hard to believe that Christmas is this week.  I am afraid to admit it but I went overboard this season.  Even today after completing all my shopping I bought another gift.  I like giving those I love gifts.  But I am done, I think.  Good news for my wallet!

Another bit of good news is that after today the days should start getting longer.  Even if it is a minute I will take it.  I hate waking up in the dark, going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark.  The nice thing about this time of year is seeing all the holiday lights on my drive home.  They make it a little cheerier.

This week I am finishing up Nora Webster which is my second book choice from the Washington Post top 50 fiction books of 2014.  While I don't plan to read all fifty books, I have downloaded Lila and All the Light We Cannot See and I look forward to reading them. I also have Diary of a Mad Diva by Joan Rivers.  I need a little levity right about now.  Joan Rivers was a comedian you either liked or didn't.  I liked her.  I thought she was funny, well at least most of the time. I admire her as a business woman as well.  She was one of those people who was right there at the table.  She did not hesitate to "Lean In". 

If you missed my Post from last week I finished Lucky Us.  This was on the top 50 list and my first pick from the list.
Look for my post on Nora Webster on Saturday. And if you need any information about any of the books click on the book covers below. It is going to be a busy week and I have a lot of reading to do so I best be going.  To everyone Happy Holidays.  I hope you get to spend it with someone special two legged or four. 

     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment